Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'M BACK!

I'm BACK!

It seems that everything has really sucked for the past two months, including me.  Mind you, I don't often use that type of language (I can be quite more colorful), and I don't allow my kids to use the word 'suck' in my classroom as it's one of my pet peeves.  However, the last couple of months have truly 'sucked' for many people that I love.  Our community has experienced tragedy in the forms of car accidents, fire, and cancer.  Burying a 9-year-old is something that one never quite gets over, and watching my dear friends have to say good-bye to their grandson is one of the most difficult things I have ever experienced.  Not to mention the aftermath of the accident that took Zayvier's life and seriously injured his father and sister, and the upheaval of the lives of his entire family.  But life continues....

Just two days ago we attended a funeral for a most remarkable woman.  She was truly a spit-fire and it's almost unimaginable that she is no longer on this earth with us.  It was only 54 days from diagnosis to death.  And now her 21- and 19-year-old children are left to grow up all too quickly.  With the support of family and friends they will be ok.  But it just seems so unfair.  But life continues...

and we need to remember to count our blessings.

I feel like my head is finally back in the game...ready to tackle school and students, challenges and nay-sayers; ready to hold kids accountable, and their teachers and parents as well.

We have so much going for us, and we are far too special for "good enough."

Bring it!  I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment