Thursday, September 20, 2012

Marathoner?

So I've been thinking about training for a full marathon.  With five, and hopefully soon to be six half-marathons in my running repertoire, I'm thinking that a full marathon might just be within reach.  Of course it will require training, and a lot of it!  I found a 30-week training schedule and am strongly considering giving this a try.  Can I really do 26.2?  What is my motivation for even considering it?  Am I nuts?  (If you know me, you already have formed an opinion about this.)  Perhaps it's the fact that the half-marathon has become such a popular distance and so many people have achieved this goal.  I suppose it might make more sense to improve my tortoise-like speed instead of tackling a race that is twice as long as any run I have ever completed.  But....then again..... a girl's gotta have dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment